breaking up all my trips since august into separate entries. the original was just way too long.
sooo.. DEF CON 23.. in short:
- met a ton of people i’d been wanting to meet for a while
- hung out with my con friends
- made it the whole trip without puking
- brett and i went to a nice dinner and saw absinthe–incredible. i spilled an entire flute of champagne in my purse. also, never wearing that dress again.
- rapid7 party, was packed, open bar, lots of ballsy folks jumping in pool and getting escorted out, drew giant hermit crab on digital graffiti screen
- car hacking talk, kaminsky talk, android stagefright talk, hacker jeopardy…
- got my telephreak badge, but once again didn’t get to stay for the party
- stayed at bally’s, con was in bally’s/paris this year
- actually used the spa/gym, was super nice. and free!
- food court downstairs allowed us to not spend $50 on every single meal, but… you can only live off hotdogs for so long
- new hotel was an interesting changeup, line con was organized by day 2, just so much more walking involved
- we made a new friend at the roulette table, brett and i went out with him to margaritaville the night before freakfest
- so many red bull whiskeys on this trip
- finally got to properly meet @securityweekly and crew, next time will attempt to hang out
- actually played table games this go around… it had been a few years since i gambled
- epic trip was epic